Thursday, July 8, 2010

Terrorist Bombing of London 5 Years On


It's been five years since the 7/7 terror attack on the London Tube. Davinia Turrell survived the bomb at Edgware Road station but the ball of fire created in the carriage scorched the skin from the left side of her face. Thanks to the doctors at London's Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, her facial scars are gone.
She talked about her ordeal. "I walked through the entire length of the train. I remember people screaming and sounding shocked as I walked through the back carriages. I didn't realise I was injured, I was still in shock. I remember telling people that I needed to get to work."
"I went from being convinced that I would be seriously scarred for life and that my life would be ruined, to being hopeful that the medics who were looking after me would be able to put me back together as I had been before."
There was an unofficial ceremony held in Hyde Park on Wednesday to mark the fifth anniversary of the 7 July bombings. Survivors and familes of those who lost their lives laid flowers by 52 steel pillars which represent those killed.
Gill Hicks from Adleiade lost both legs in the bomb blast. See this amazing woman here:

No comments:

Post a Comment