Monday, October 11, 2010

Tony Abbott Visits Troops in Afghanistan





Tony's done it again, rushed in where angels fear to tread. Here he is firing a Steyr 5.56 rifle at the Australian military base at Tarin Kowt in Southern Afghanistan. I can just see the anti-war brigade with this picture and a caption which reads "War Monger Abbott".


It seems he was really upset with Julia Gillard for making him look bad when she asked him to accompany her on a visit to the troops in Afghanistan. He called it an "act of low bastardry" - pretty strong words. She knew all along what his plans were about going to see the troops but didn't it work well for her.


Tony's Opposition Defence spokesman David Johnston said that Australians needed extra support because of a leaked email from a soldier at the front. But Australia's head of all Middle Eastern operations, Major General John Cantwell assured him that everything was under control.


"Does anyone really think I would for one minute place the lives of our soldiers at greater risk than it needs to be over a matter of policy?" Cantwell said. "I've stood beside the broken and ruined bodies of far too many soldiers this year." He went on "If I thought I needed to do more to keep those guys alive and send them home to their families, I'd damn well do it and wouldn't stop shouting until I got an answer."


Tony Abbott told the troops "I couldn't even win an election so I wouldn't be much use in a firefight."

No comments:

Post a Comment