Friday, December 16, 2011

Ian Molly Meldrum Critical





Molly Meldrum, 65, suffered a fractured skull, shoulder blade injuries, broken ribs and a punctured lung after a serious fall at his home last night. He was found unconscious by his gardener before ambulance officers arrived at 6.40pm. He was later taken to surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.


Professor Jeffrey Rosenfeld, director of neurosurgery at Melbourne’s Alfred Hospital said this morning he is in a critical condition and they are concerned for his life – “this is a life and death matter” he said. "He's not conscious at the moment but he got through the night so that's a positive - as with these sorts of injuries, the next 24 hours are important."


Although he fell in love with the opposite sex and was actually engaged a couple of times in his youth, Molly says he’s proud to be gay and has a long-time partner.


When asked about his mother he said “I was in London at the time when my mum passed away and when I flew back from London for the funeral I was able to give it a lot of thought. And I thought my mother was always influenced by a lot of other people and it tended to rule her life, you know, what other people thought and I decided that I would live my life as best I could and not be influenced by what other people thought, you know, to live your life in your own right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment