Monday, November 12, 2012

Melissa George - Ashamed of her roots





It's very unusual for a girl raised in Perth to start throwing her weight around and acting like a prima donna, but that's what happened last Friday morning at Channel 7 studios during the breakfast show. Melissa George threatened to walk out of an interview if hosts Larry Emdur and Kylie Gilles dared to mention anything about Angel Parrish, the role she played in Home and Away 20 years ago.





Angel



"Right behind my head were pictures of Angel and on the montage they called me Home and Away actress Melissa George .....so my next call will be to Home and Away to ask them to pay me because nobody does more promotion for that f..... show than me."


Executive producer Sarah Stinson thought she was joking.  "At first I thought I was being punk'd because it seemed so surreal, we are genuinely proud of Melissa's achievements, she's done a lot of great work and I didn't realize she had such an issue with her roots.  Most of our guests are usually proud to embrace where they have come from and we would never have done anything to purposely upset her."


She called the Australian press "disgusting" for constantly referring to her part in the popular soap instead of talking about her other great roles, which are many.


"I want to come home a lot but the stress this has created in me is not worthy of my health.  I think it will be the last time I visit and work here for a while to be honest, because I just get too upset coming home."


But this comment probably hurt the most.  "I don't need credibility from my country any more, I just need them to be quiet.  If they have nothing intelligent to say, please don't speak to me anymore, I'd rather be having a croissant and a little espresso in Paris or walking my French bulldog in New York City.  I've got to be honest, I'm not going to be a good Aussie anymore, I'm going to speak out, I've just had it."


Now a US citizen, Melissa George will be remembered in her home country, for all the wrong reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment