Monday, July 2, 2018

Senator David Leyonhjelm hurls obscenity at Senator



by
MATT COUGHLAN

Australian Associated Press
5:38PM June 28, 2018







NSW senator David Leyonhjelm has confirmed he told the Greens' Sarah Hanson-Young to "stop shagging men" and then swore at her when she confronted him.
Senator Hanson-Young told parliament the Liberal Democrats senator made the remark during a vote on a motion about arming women with tasers to combat violence.
"I asked whether I heard him correctly. He confirmed he yelled 'you should stop shagging men, Sarah'," Senator Hanson-Young said.
"Shocked, I told him he was a creep. His reply was to tell me to 'f*** off'."
Senate president Scott Ryan asked Senator Leyonhjelm to apologise but he refused.
Senator Leyonhjelm said he was responding to Senator Hanson-Young's interjection, which was "along the lines of all men being rapists".
"I responded by suggesting that if this was the case she should stop shagging men. I did not yell at her," Senator Leyonhjelm said.
"Following the division, Senator Hanson-Young approached me and called me a creep. I told her to f*** off."
He said if the Greens senator took offence, it was an issue for her.
"I am prepared to rephrase my comments. I strongly urge Senator Hanson-Young to continue shagging men as she pleases," Senator Leyonhjelm said.
Senator Hanson-Young described the comments as sexist and offensive, adding she was disappointed Senator Leyonhjelm had not apologised.

  David Leyonnhjelm's exchange with Senator Hanson-Young is appalling yet a stunning silence prevails from his male colleagues.  Surely someone will stand up?

No comments:

Post a Comment