Monday, January 30, 2012

Djokovic beats Nadal





It was the longest men’s final in Grand Slam history, a gruelling 5 hours and 53 minutes. On Monday, July 4, 2011, the day after he won his first Wimbledon, Kjokovic realised his life’s dream - he became the best player in the world, and after last night, he's still the best. The stamina of both Kjokovic and Nadal was amazing to watch, they put on a super-human performance that went on until 1.37 in the morning.




Nadal said it was the toughest match he has ever played. “I think we played a great tennis match, it was I think a very good show, my opinion, I enjoyed being part of this event and this match, that’s the truth, no? I wanted to win, but I am happy about how I did.” He added “I really had a fantastic tournament, I will never forget this match, even though I lost, it is something special, I will come back for many, many years.


Novak Djokovic was four when he took up tennis, and eight when he was spotted by the eagle-eyed Jelena Gencic who said at the time ‘This is the greatest talent I have seen since Monika Seles.‘

No comments:

Post a Comment