Thursday, June 19, 2014

Kate Middleton's grandmother

Lady Body with Kate



As bombs fell on London, a young woman named Valerie Glassborow was working around the clock at Bletchley Park helping to feed false information to the German High Command as D-Day approached.

Valerie Glassborow married Kate's paternal grandfather Peter Middleton.  She was born in Marseille on 5 January 1924, the daughter of a banker, and worked at Bletchley Park during the war with her twin sister Mary.

Lady Marion Body worked with Kate's grandmother and her sister in Hut 16, part of a team of code breakers.







"What an incredible story that you shared your time here with my grandmother" Kate said.  "It's so moving for me, and to be here as well. I was aware of it when I was a little girl and I often asked granny about it but she was very quiet and never said anything.

It's easy to see where Kate got her good looks from.

No comments:

Post a Comment