Friday, January 9, 2009

Foster, Victoria

I like Foster, a small town of 3000 people, about 35 kms from Wilsons Promontory park gates. We’ve had nothing but nice things from Foster – the rump steak from the butcher, oysters from the fish shop and I bought 3 books from the Little Bookshop.

When I rang to organize a haircut at one of the two hairdressers in town, the lady was most accommodating and organized an appointment for me and a beard trim and haircut for Dennis at a convenient time. I told my hairdresser that I liked her little town and she said she was born here and never wants to leave. It’s one of those small towns that still has lots of charm with no huge shopping malls, just a main street where everyone knows everyone else and lots of nice, friendly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment