Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Public Service Love Story




Steve Tucker works for the Immigration Department in Canberra and on Saturday night he went to a party attended by many of his colleagues and he met a girl called Olivia. He was smitten but somehow they got separated and he didn't get her name. So when he came to work on Monday morning he sent an email to everyone in the Department, around, 7,000 people, asking if anyone had information about her. Now Canberra is searching for a girl named Olivia who he describes as "tall and olive skinned".

His email reads "Briefly, I met Olivia on Saturday night just passed, she left a strong and positive impression on me. Unfortunately, people got in the way after we met and I didn't get to finish the meeting how I wanted to. This has been bugging me ever since."

He said he knew it was an abuse of the Department's email services "I understand this is not the most appropriate channel. It is not my intent to misuse this email address. I have struggled to write and send this message, it has taken all of my willpower to do so. Life is too short for regret. Have an awesome Moday."

Steve Tucker is a recent recruit to the Canberra Public Service. His punishment will be decided by the Department's Values and Conduct section in the next few days. Meanwhile the hunt is still on to find Olivia.


No comments:

Post a Comment