Friday, August 19, 2022

Pastor Carlton Funderburke wants a luxury watch


In a 7 August sermon Funderburke said the Movado watch he wanted could be purchased at the warehouse store Sam’s Club.
 Photograph: Boomlizer/Getty Images




Pastor Carlton Funderburke, of the non-denominational Church of the Well in Kansas City, blasted his congregation as “poor, broke, busted and disgusted” for not buying him a luxury watch.

“This is how I know you’re still poor, broke, busted and disgusted, because of how you been honouring me. I’m not worth your McDonald’s money? I’m not worth your Red Lobster money? I ain’t worth y’all Louis Vuitton? I ain’t worth your Prada? I’m not worth your Gucci?

“Y’all know I asked for one last year. Here it is all the way in August and I still ain’t got it,” he said in a minute-long clip of his remarks that went viral on TikTok.


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment