Follow by Email

Friday, February 13, 2015

Another Sydney terror plot discovered

Omar Al-Kutobi, nursing student

ASIO and police had no clue that Omar Al-Kutobi 24 and Mohammed Kiad 25, had knelt before an IS flag and promised before Allah to stab the kidneys and necks of Australians.  Just hours before the planned attack was about to happen, police received a tip off.

Police stormed their Sydney granny flat and found a video that left no doubt about what they intended to do on that same day.

Mohammad  Kiad

PM Tony Abbott told Parliament yesterday what was in the video. "I swear to almighty Allah we will carry out the first operation for the soldiers of the caliphate in Australia.  I swear to mighty Allah, blond people, there is no room for blame between you and us.  We only are you, stabbing the kidneys and striking the necks."

Al-Kutobi and Kiad appeared in court yesterday and their lawyer said they would apply for bail in four weeks. The way the judiciary has been acting lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they let them out.

Al-Kutobi arrived in Australia by plane in 2009 as an Iraqi national on a fake passport and was granted a protection visa soon after and citizenship in 2013.  The family fled Iraq after his father was shot while working as a translator for the US Army.

The other man Mohammed Kiad came to Australia in 2012 and was granted a visa under and family and spousal visa arrangements and was on welfare at the time of his arrest.

At the time of their arrival, the Labor Party, who were in government, decided to relax asylum seeker laws because they were too harsh. The new laws resulted in around 50,000 refugees arriving on leaky boats. Background checks were almost impossible as people smugglers told all the refugees to throw their ID papers overboard. And a large proportion of these boat people were followers of Islam.

Granny flat at the back of the Fairfield house

Al-Kutobi's father, who now lives in Germany, said he thought his son was lonely and once told him that Australia was the best country in the world.  He even applied to join the army but was rejected - they said he "needed more time" - but what that actually means isn't clear.

Kiad was granted a family and spousal visa in 2012 but the couple separated soon after.  His wife who remains anonymous, released a statement - "If they had managed to hurt someone, I would have felt guilty for the rest of my life because I brought this man to Australia."

After the separation, Kiad moved in with his friend Al-Kutobi, who was studying nursing. The pair worked together for a removalist company in Villawood but were recently let go after working over the summer.

Our security agencies were completely taken by surprise, they had never heard of these two men and if it wasn't for a tip off from the general public, who knows what would have happened.