Friday, February 26, 2021

Frank Zumbo


A Liberal adviser working for Craig Kelly alleges she was sexually harassed regularly by office manager Frank Zumbo in the MP’s private Sydney office.


………….In 2017, with the stress of the ­alleged sexual harassment at work, and the stress of a difficult relationship outside the office, the adviser ended up in hospital suffering from anxiety and severe stomach pains.

“Whenever I’d go into work, we’d end up yelling. And just the thought of having to go in and have the one-on-one talks with him,” she said. “I couldn’t face getting out of bed. They said it was stress and anxiety that was causing me to have severe (stomach) pains.”

She confronted Mr Zumbo at least once in 2017 and accused him of sexually assaulting her, but he allegedly threatened to sack her and say that her claims were as a result of being terminated.

She said she wanted to leave but she alleges that Mr Zumbo told her she wouldn’t get another job in politics if she left the office. “He told me I wouldn’t,” she said.

“He said ‘if you leave this office, that will be it; I know people and you don’t have a career unless it’s with me’.’’ ……………….

 https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/hugs-kisses-and-dread-the-politics-of-sexual-harassment/news-story/43f19c9e7a8696029334ccc7b2448c3b

No comments:

Post a Comment