Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tony Mundine beaten by Charles Hatley






After a successful Rugby League career, 40 year old Anthony Mundine has been a professional fighter for 15 years.  But last night, he looked his age when 29 year old American Charles Hatley beat him in the 11th round with a TKO.  He was lucky to make it through the second round after Hatley put him down three times.

"I wasn't hurt....I wasn't hurt in the 11th, another couple of seconds and I would've been alright, come back, but the corner thought it was the right thing to call it at the time."








"To be honest, I just want to spend time with my family and get my body right....once I get my body right I'll figure out what I want to do, if I call it a day or have a showdown......I've come back from this position before, I got dropped five times by Joshua Clottey and came back to be world silver champion, I know what I'm capable of, it's just if my mind and heart is in it."




The 'showdown' he refers to is the much talked about rematch with Danny Green.

Meanwhile, 4 time world boxing champion Danny Green aka The Green Machine returns to the ring on 2 December to fight 30 year old Konni Konrad of Germany.


Danny Green

No comments:

Post a Comment