Saturday, March 11, 2017

Today's ABC Open photos

The sandstone arches of Richmond Bridge
By shelleaman ·  · From Pic of the Week

This bridge was built by convict labour in 1825 and it is the oldest bridge that is still in use in Australia today.  This evening the banks of the Coal River made a picture-perfect romantic picnic spot for many couples celebrating Valentine's Day.                         Published 15 Feb 2017.  Hobart TAS 7000




2.00 am start
By twodogs photography ·  · From Stargazing

So, I set my alarm for 2.30am to capture the Milky Way. I woke up half an hour early and looked out my window to see the moon in the direction of the Milky Way, which I didn't plan for. Lucky for me it was only a waning crescent.  I jumped in my cruiser, drove five minutes to the beach and had it all to myself.  With the cloud to the right of the over-exposed moon it actually looks like a comet stopped in time.                                   Published 17 Feb 2017.  Kingscliff NSW 2487




Rickety fence
By Di Lymbury (Nardoo) ·  · From Pic of the Week

A crow perched on a rickety fence, a few head of cattle and a morning mist; rural scene at the start of a scorching hot day.            Published 13 Feb 2017.  North Lismore NSW 2480




I so need a 4 wheel drive
By steve_outandabout ·  · From Pic of the Week
I so need a 4 wheel drive to explore more.  Published 16 Feb 2017.  Canberra ACT 2601




A gorgeous Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
      By cm_gau ·  · From Pic of the Week
A gorgeous Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat grazing in the magical golden hour at Brookfield Conservation Park. These creatures are so special, as is the Mallee landscape - I'm counting down the days until April when I'm heading back there to assist my Dad with a wombat DNA study he has helped organised!                     Published 16 Feb 2017  Mallee NSW 2738





A fiery sunset

By lisahill555 ·  · From Pic of the Week

Over the gorgeous Dargo Hills              Published 16 Feb 2017.  Dargo VIC 3862
·          

·          

No comments:

Post a Comment