Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Homeland a winner at Emmys







British actor Damian Lewis took home the Best Actor Emmy for the excellent drama series Homeland on Sunday.  He beat Breaking Bad actor Bryan Cranston, Michael C Hall in Dexter, Hugh Bonneville in Downton Abbey, Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men star Jon Hamm.  It is his first Emmy.


Accepting his award he said "I'm one of those pesky Brits, apologies, I don't really believe in judging art, but I thought I'd show up just in case."


His pregnant co-star Claire Danes won best actress for her role as CIA officer Mathison and showered praise on her husband Hugh Darcy in her acceptance speech.  "My husband, my love, my life, my baby daddy, I couldn't do anything without out, I love you so much and I am so grateful."  She also paid tribute to Lewis and said he did a magnificent job of turning a villain into someone very human.







The idea came from the Israeli television series Prisoners of War and several episodes were filmed there under strict security conditions. With Israel and Iran on the brink of war with each other, creator Alex Gansa admits they were often under threat of imminent danger. 

"There was a chaos and energy and a feeling that anything could happen at any moment which you don't get shooting in Charlotte (North Carolina).   We were just praying that Israel wouldn't hit Iran in the middle of filming" he said.

The second season of Homeland airs in the US this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment