Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Perth woman pregnant with five babies




Article from the Daily Mail today


Perth mum who is carrying quintuplets is consuming 6,000 calories a day to feed her growing brood.

At 29 weeks along, Kim Tucci, 26, is force feeding herself three times the amount of calories one person should eat in a day to reach the recommended intake.

Mrs Tucci, who is already a mum to two young girls, fell naturally pregnant with five babies while trying for a boy with her husband and has been documenting the highs and lows of her pregnancy since receiving the news.


‘I'm struggling to eat and force feed myself leaving me with reflux for hours,’ she wrote on her blog Surprised With Five.  ‘I can't tolerate a lot of dairy and I can't keep protein drinks down, I'm starting to lose weight when I really need to be gaining it.’ 

Her online posts about dealing with pain, nausea, changes to her body and going to the bathroom 12 times a night, has amassed a following of more than 123,000 people – most of them mums who share their own personal stories.

‘It's getting harder as each day passes to push through the pain, every part of my body aches and sleeping is becoming very painful,’ she said.


‘No amount of pillows are helping support my back and belly. Sometime I get so upset that I just want to throw my hands up and give in!’

No comments:

Post a Comment