Friday, June 14, 2013

Julia Gillard asked if her partner is gay




Yesterday Julia Gillard was asked by a Perth radio host if her live-in partner of seven years was gay.  How did it ever come to this?  Howard Sattler hit the bottom of the barrel when he pretended to quash rumours that because her de facto used to be a hairdresser, he must be gay. Nobody that I am aware of ever suggested that Tim Mathieson might be gay and by asking the question, Sattler proved beyond all doubt, that he has absolutely no respect for the Prime Minister of our country, and that's really sad.



Howard Sattler


Here's how the interview went.

Sattler:  Myths, rumours, snide jokes and innuendos, you've been the butt of them many times.
PM:  Well, I think that's probably right, we've certainly seen that this week.
Sattler: Can I test a few out?
PM:  In what way?
Sattler:  Tim's gay
PM:  Well that's absurd
Sattler:  But you hear it, it's not me saying it, it's what people .....
PM:  Well I mean Howard, I don't know whether every silly thing that gets said is going to be repeated to me now.
Sattler:  No, no, no
PM:  But you know, to all the hairdressers out there, including the men who are listening, I don't think in life one can actually look at a whole profession full of different human beings and say 'Gee, we know something about every one of those human beings', I mean, it's absurd, isn't it?
Sattler:  You can confirm that he's not?
PM:  Howard, don't be ridiculous, of course not.
Sattler:  But in a heterosexual relationship, that's all I'm asking
PM:  Howard, you and I have just talked about that, so now that is bordering .....
Sattler:  No, I wanted to get rid of it
PM:  Howard, just let me bring you back to earth
Sattler:  I'm not saying it
PM:  Right, well let me just bring you back to earth.  You and I have just talked about me and Tim living at the lodge.  We live there together as a couple, you know that.  Yes, on the internet there are lots of what I've referred to in the past as nut jobs and I'm happy to use that expression again.
Sattler:  Good
PM:  People who peddle and circulate vile and offensive things
Sattler:  Awful things
PM:  Yeah, absolutely


Howard Sattler came to the east coast a few years back and tried to break into the big time telling everyone that he had every intention of becoming Sydney's number one talk-back radio host, but his ratings were pathetic and scurried back to Perth.   He's been suspended from Perth's 6PR after his outrageous interview, pending an internal inquiry, and hopefully his radio career is now over.


Edit June 15, 2013:  Sattler has now been sacked by his employer who he intends to sue because he has six months still left on his contract.  His radio career is indeed over, as no station in the country would touch him with a barge pole.


No comments:

Post a Comment