Monday, December 21, 2015

Salim Mehajer charged with electoral fraud






Property developer and Auburn City Council Deputy Mayor Salim Mehajer is about to be charged with electoral fraud.

The Australian Federal Police claim a 29 year old man from Lidcombe and a 25 year old woman from Merrylands will be charged with using forged documents and producing a false or misleading document.

Six others are charged with producing a false or misleading document and all eight will appear in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on 2 February 2016.





The NSW Liberal government has recently changed the law to stop councillors voting in matters they have a pecuniary interest in.

In 2012, the NSW Labor government thought it was a good idea to allow property developers on the council to vote on development applications, even when their own properties were involved so Mehajer has been laughing all the way to the bank ever since.  Why the Labor Party were ever allowed to pass such a law defies logic.

It hasn't been a very happy year for Mehajer since he launched himself on the public by holding the most expensive wedding of all time.  Along with his other worries, Salim has also been charged with intimidation. It's alleged there was a confrontation between Mehajer 29 and Bruce Herat 52, at the Anytime Fitness gym in Burwood.


Bruce Herat


In a court document tendered to Burwood Local Court, personal trainer Bruce Herat said to Mehajer "Excuse me, can you take care not to drop the weights, it damages the machines and in the long run causes more costs for members of the club."

Mehajer allegedly replied "Who the **** are you to talk to me? What gives you the right to tell me anything about how I use this machine?"

Mr Herat replied "All I'm doing is to let you know the rules and directives of this club."

Mehajer allegedly replied "Don't you know who I am?  I pay my fees."

Herat then left the gym and Mehajer followed him to his car and standing six inches from his face he said "Who do you think you are... talking to me the way you did?"

Mr Herat replied "Back away from me, you're aggressive and in my personal space."

Mahejer allegedly replied "You have no right to speak to me the way you did, you're just a personal trainer and beneath me...I'm going to find out where you live.....and kidnap your children."

Mr Herat then asked "Who are you?" and Mehajer replied "I'm Salim Mehajer."




Mehajer's lavish wedding this year - estimated to have cost over one million dollars - had to be postponed until his father, also a property developer was released from jail for trying to bribe a bank employee.

Just goes to prove the old saying is true - the apple never falls far from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment