When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is chatting with his mates with beer in hand.
(4) The man places the meat on the grill
(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out, looks at the meat and tells the man discretely that the meat is just about ready. He thanks her and asks if she will bring out another beer while he deals with the situation.
(7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
(10) Everyone praises the man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her day off' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....