Sunday, November 23, 2008

When you thought I wasn't looking

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my first painting on the fridge and I wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my favourite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you close your eyes and say a prayer and I learned about faith.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned about giving.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good so I learned what responsibility means.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt but it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared for me and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a decent person when I grow up.

Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment