Friday, May 10, 2013

Help me find my birth mother





Glen Andrew Bishop 48, from Macksville, NSW, has been looking for his birth mother since he was 17 years old.  He recently posted a picture of himself on Facebook, asking for help, but he's still looking.


Her name was Mary Evans and she was a Welsh immigrant.  She gave birth to him in Sydney on May 24, 1965 and he was put up for adoption by Carramar Home for Unmarried Mothers under the name of Graham Clifford Evans.  She was 23 years old.


His post created a huge reaction and he was flooded with responses from people in England and Wales who thought they knew her, but there was one phone call he remembers very well.  "I got a call from a woman with a Welsh accent and I talked to her for a few minutes" he said.  "She was sobbing and said she couldn't help me and hung up."



He knows his mother went to school in the country town of Lismore and lived somewhere in the area.  She was of average height and had brown hair and blue eyes.


"I don't know why she hasn't contacted me, there is one possibility I'm most scared of, which you can imagine.  But if I don't try, I'm worse off."


No comments:

Post a Comment