Saturday, July 4, 2015

Phil Walsh's tragic death






Adelaide Crows coach Phil Walsh 55, said his career had affected his relationship with his son.  "I just immersed myself, got consumed and selfish" he said in April.  "I lost that connection and I'm trying to reconnect with my son, which I have done."


Cy Walsh



"I tell my kids to chase their dreams, I don't want to look back at 70 years old and think what might have been."

He had a near death experience in Peru in 2012 and saw the "white light."  He said it changed his life and he had to re-evaluate what was important, like spending more time with the people he loved.


Walsh family in happier times


But yesterday, the third of July, 2015, his son Cy Walsh allegedly stabbed his father to death inside the family home.  His mother was taken to hospital with a stab wound to the leg.

Police are investigating whether 26 year old Cy Walsh was affected by the drug ice as police found a drug pipe at the scene.  He was jovial and laughing when he was arrested, according to a witness.



Hawthorn and Collingwood players pay tribute to Phil Walsh. 



Crows Supporters Group secretary Robyn Blanch said "The boys had such respect and admiration for him, you could just see that in the way they looked at him and how they played for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment