Thursday, January 20, 2011

Federer and Simon at Australian Open




The nasty people are saying that Federer may be losing his grip. The world No 2 almost didn't make it through the second round yesterday with Frenchman Gilles Simon but he's still one of the most entertaining players in the world to watch.

Federer said "I was not playing poorly to lose the third and fourth sets but Gillies really took it to me..... I got lucky today, but I am happy I won and still in the tournament." I bet he was. They had only played together twice before last night and Simon won both games. He's also beaten Nadal.


Federer dominated the first two sets but Simon recovered and really started to worry the defending champion. He broke Federer's first service game and followed it up with two more. The tournament is looking good, as it always does - great holiday entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment